Thursday, April 30, 2009

Final Draft 8 finally here



Well they kept us waiting long enough and kept what was going to be new a closely guarded secret over there at Final Draft HQ.

I just had a quick scan through the new features and frankly I'm a little underwhelmed. Why boast about a new improved courier font when full screen mode is STILL unavailable.

You can upgrade now for 63euro (from Movie Soft*) till the end of June other wise its close to 80 or buy new for a whopping 200 quid.

For those of you new to Final Draft, I can't recommend it enough, its intuitive, easy to navigate and frankly works at the speed of thought. And is the industry standard.

I love this program and I will more than likely upgrade in due course, but after waiting so long for this new version I'm pretty disappointed from what I've read in the new features.

I so had my fingers crossed for full screen mode, but alas no.

Final Draft people if you're reading this, how 'bout this simple little extra for version 8.1 huh?

* quick note about moviesoft. Small company in Dun Laoghaire. When I first bought Final Draft a few years ago, it was from them. I ordered off their site, they called me up and said they would be heading into town later. They drove to where I work, I handed over the cash, they gave me my software with a free tutorial DVD thrown in for good measure. Now thats personal service!
I'll be ordering my upgrade from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...