Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Voice recording


Steve Wilson generously donated his voice talents for the "voice on phone" for Shut The Fuck Up today.

You may notice he's actually wearing two sets of headphones. The iPod headphones are connected to my Macbook in front of him where a quicktime of the film is shown, where he can sync his dialogue and get cues from Toms performance on screen. The bigger AKG's are connected to Pro Tools for reference where I recorded everything.

I used a se 2200a mic a workhorse of a microphone through a RNC compressor and an ART pre. You really only need to get a good level on Steve's voice and your sorted. I've used his talents on radio ads etc in the past and the guy's really got one of "those" voices. Makes my job so much easier.

After arseing around for almost two hours talking shite and eating beans on toast, we finally got down to work and had it wrapped in under twenty minutes. Only one tiny edit was needed as the performance synced up beautifully with Tom.

It great to see this finally coming together.

Tomorrow I record the voice of the girl with my most obliging step daughter Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...