Friday, April 24, 2009

Why I love the internet

Tearing my hair out as I was about the insane reflections in my footage and the amount of After Effects work that was ahead of me in order to remove said reflections had me, well... tearing my hair out.

No amount of online tutorials or plug ins was going to make me in any way adept at using AE and fixing said problem.

In fact I was making things worse.

Then, on a forum I was getting advice from I was finally compelled to ask was anyone available to help me. I got one reply. A god send. I sent this extremely generous guy a low res quicktime as an example of what was wrong and the next morning he had FIXED THE EXAMPLE!

What a talent. What generosity.

I have just sent him ful HD1080 25p files via my remote server provider (review pending).

I can't thank this guy enough.

I'll post his details in a later post after I seek his permission to do so.

But, I'll be honest with you, it makes my heart happy that there are people out there in the world who are this kind in the dog eat dog world of independent filmmaking.

I of course say that, feeling no sense of community between fellow filmmakers here in Dublin.

Yes there are a few, but total strangers helping out. I'm mighty impressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...