Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Post production finally goes ahead

Having a pretty good day of it so far.

Did more work today than I have done all week.

Its slow going due to the mac and my tendency to experiment with effects and end up shutting them all off anyway.

Since there was no crew per say, there was no one to document the shoot, so Tom and I took a couple of snaps as we were ready to return home exhausted before our wives woke up. It was a beautiful dawn by the sea.
This is Tom. Still in character (a bit).
And this is me, Ian, wrapped up well.

I'm hoping to have things wrapped up well with this film hopefully by the end of the week.

I'm playing with different effects right now as the 6 hour progress bar slowly reaches its conclusion as FCP's SmoothCam analyzes my bouncy footage in the background.

I did want to shoot handheld as I think it suited the piece (and after I found out my rig was too heavy for a steadicam merlin) I opted to use Manfrotto's Fig Rig. I'm glad I did.

I may not use the SmoothCam'd footage after its done as I quite like how it looks right now, but we'll find out how much it improves the footage (if at all) in 6 hours or so.

Also, a big thing about this is that I've decided to re render the footage in Black and White. It just looks soooo much better n Black and White, even thought the dawn light gave some lovely colour, I don't think the HV30 coped with it very well. (But then again, that could be my fault).

'rafter

No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...