Thursday, April 23, 2009

Celtx upgraded



Celtx has just been upgraded to version 2.0

I don't actually use this application since I purchased Final Draft some years ago, but I'm all for these open source freeware applications standing shoulder to shoulder with the big boys. Well at least trying to. Kudos.

There are a couple of things about Celtx I find intriguing, like the ability to schedule, storyboard etc that apps like Final Draft or Movie Magic don't do. Or don't need to do for that matter.

I do see myself using Celtx in the future, I do have it installed and it looks mighty fine, but it will take a lot to tear me away from Final Draft and its ease of use. But when it comes to scheduling etc, Celtx looks like a winner. And its reassuring to know they are still developing the software. I'm going to download the upgrade and have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...