Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pre-Production continues at a fevered pace

"Took a meeting" with our new Line Producer / AD for the shoot, Ms Fiona Conlon-McKenna.
Fiona has done production for features like P.S. I Love You and TV work on the likes of The Tudors, lord knows what she's letting herself in for with my juvenile toilet humor and slasher movie nods!

The costumes for my two main leads also arrived today. Being a zero-budget production I went for the cheapest option available to me. The surface area where the print is on the t-shirt is a little shiny. It IS a matt transfer, but its still a little shiny. Couuuld be problematic under lights. I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed. Watch this space.
Front
Back


As for the script, its shaping up but the ending is a little controversial among my cast/crew... I knew I shouldn't have revealed it until the final polish, but we are in a hurry, so I had no choice. I really need to put this script "to bed" by tomorrow. The guys are going to have very very little time to get "off book" and really requiring the need for a script supervisor on set. I'm game to that. I'm up for a bit of improvisation on set, but not too much. I think the written word is the blueprint that should be adhered to and only when its visibly not working than we can tear it to shreds and have fun with it. But as Steve Martin once said back when he was funny: Comedy is not pretty.

Its a good feeling seeing something being realized so quickly.

Also, I've been asked to keep a detailed production diary on the making of this short for the Wanaka Film Trust to hand out to their members. I am flattered to do so. These blog posts will be the genesis of that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...