Wednesday, May 6, 2009

For the record

A couple of weeks back I was working on the titles for the short.
I had decided to grade the film as Black and White as I felt it added to the tone of the film nicely. Because there is a but of a thriller/horror/slasher element to the short I decided to add a splash of colour to the end titles by punctuating each credit with a splash of blood coupled with a gory sound effect for extra impact.

It works great and has a nice tongue in cheek humor to it.

Today I saw the new trailer for Quentin Tarantino's new war epic Inglorious Basterds.
The trailer is riddled with the same title/splash of blood effect.

I know its nothing new having blood splashes in credits sequences. Hell, there are B movies a-plenty that share this technique.
But I just want to put the record straight, as both films will be going public roughly around the same time, that I did not rip off the Tarantino trailer, although thats what I'll be accused of.

End of rant.

PS I'm really looking forward to seeing the new film. I, ahem, "found" a copy of the shooting script online but have refrained from reading it as I don't want to ruin the film for myself, it looks long (its a PDF). I want to see what takes 10 years to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...