Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Eve of shoot 2.0

I am knackered.

My head is in a spin.

Shot list, scheduling, food runs, crew bookings, set dressing, rehearsals, meetings, meetings. meetings...

I want to sleep for a million years, but tomorrow is the first day of shooting and no doubt I'll be awake all night like christmas bloody eve...

Unbelievable turn of events today. After having so much trouble finding crew, particularly a sound person, we ended up, today, on the eve of the shoot, not one but two sound people willing to do the shoot.
Horrible having to turn someone away that you begged to do the job in the first place! Particularly an industry professional who was prepared to work for free.

I'm glad the script is getting such positive attention and feedback, here's hoping I can do my best over the next three days translating what I have written and putting it on the screen.

Nervous? Yes. Excited? Yes. Tired? Unbelievably so.

I've one more meeting tonight, meeting my cinematographer at nine to have a quick chat and then I'm going to bed bed bed.

I'll leave you with one final thought; if you are ever in a position where you have written and intend to direct a film, let someone else produce, spend time with your actors and rehearse.
My biggest fear on this is that I have spent too much time as a producer and not enough time as director preparing for this shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...