Friday, April 9, 2010

Where would you be without SoundSnap?


I'm almost finished the audio edit of my latest little short and in this particular piece, all audio was made entirely from library sounds. I decided to record nothing and give myself a pretty big exercise in creating an authentic sound scape with nothing but artificial sound.

Now the edit is done and it sounds amazing, but before I bring it into Pro Tools for a final mixing session, I just wanted to take a break and give a big shout out to all the contributors over at SoundSnap.

I just found while working on this particular piece, I found I was exhausting my usual options from my modest SFX library rather quickly. Everything was sounding either too processed, too artificial or just too GOOD.

I'm one of the lucky few members on SoundSnap to have been awarded the Old Skool status, which means I'm entitled to 5 free sounds a month, but boy do I use em up fast. The best thing about this particular library, is that its more of a database than a library with multiple contributors from small indie types to full on pro Hollywood sound designers all with their wares on sale for the same price. Kinda like an iStockphoto for sounds if you like.

Its the sheer variety that blows me away.

If you have in your head a PARTICULAR sound that you want to find, I GUARANTEE you will find it on SoundSnap.

It has brought my little project to the next level in terms of sound design and I am most grateful to the people who contribute to SoundSnap who somehow manage to create the sounds I can hear in my head. Amazing.

Thanks SoundSnap

No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...