Thursday, April 15, 2010

New viral video now online




My new viral video is now online. To view it in HD please visit Vimeo or Youtube also in HD. I recommend Vimeo as you can download the full 720HD file if you wish.


Please feel free to share the video, its a viral, so please spread it around, cough in peoples faces if you have to, but get it seen.


I'll be using Tubemogul to spread it even further, but email your friends etc... Thats what a viral is right?


Below is the blurb from Vimeo:


I came up with the concept for this many months ago, originally it was going to be a still photograph project to perhaps print out and vandalize the streets of Dublin with my message.

There's a lot of dickheads on the road in Dublin, particularly in the city and I wanted a strong image to get the point across that there are repercussions to driving recklessly in the city. Since becoming a father it has become more apparent & more scary.

I took that idea and thought, I make films, I'm no photographer, it would make a (hopefully) stronger impact on film (no pun intended).

So I took out my HV30 attached the Letus35 and attached a Nikon 50mm prime and shot on the pavement behind my house.

Recently a new law has been passed in Dublin restricting speeds to 30km per hour, which I don't agree with as the supposed city limits run for miles. I seriously cycle faster that 30km per hour on some roads, so this film does not endorse that law, in fact that law being passed almost prevented me from making this. But what I want to promote is the use of common sense. 

I don't want to rant too much so I'll end that there and just mention that I shot this mute and all audio was added in post production.

I do apologize to anyone I have upset with this image, I find it troubling as I used my own son's soother (pacifier) for this shot, but I do hope I have made a very real and valid point about using common sense driving in a built up area. If your in town, slow down.

If you feel the same way, feel free to link this, embed or email & please leave a comment if you do so.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...