Friday, June 5, 2009

Bring the Noise!


Thanks heavens for nerdy plug in developers!

My friend Paul, who helped remove reflections in glass on STFU has pointed me in the direction of a plug in called Neat Video an amazing plug in that removes noise from HDV footage. (See That Syncing Feeling Note below)

I'm downloading the demo as I type, but from reading the site it looks like a purchase is in order!
I've searched the net and on some forums mention that the plug in is processor heavy and prone to crashing, but totally worth the pain for the result. It works out around 85 euro, which is not bad considering what it does.

I'm going to send a quicktime of the worst footage to Paul and see what he can do with it before I fork out.

I've also discovered an alternative by Revision Effects (the guys who made the insane Twixtor) called DE:Noise which pretty much does exactly what Neat Video does, but costs 150 dollars and is Intel Mac only, which is a problem for me as I still rock a G5 for editing. (I know I know! Insane for HD).

But beggars cant be choosers!

I attended the Give Me Direction conference today. I may do a write up some other time, but not today. But let me say just one thing; I was totally wrong in what I predicted about John Moore.
More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...