Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Long time, no blog...


Its been a while since I've posted on this here blog.
Didn't mean to neglect it, its just that my other job as a full time Dad has proven to be quite time consuming.

Nevertheless, I have been granted the visa to attend Philip Bloom's film look seminar this saturday in Dublin.

Now, it was seeing what Philip could do with a Letus35 DOF adapter that prompted me to by one, a year ago now. And an opportunity to learn from the master cannot be missed. I have struggled to get the clean crisp images I have seen Philip achieve using the EXACT SAME rig as I put together and am attending armed to the teeth with questions.
The first two being,
1. What am I doing wrong?,

the other

2. How do YOU do it?

Great opportunity. There is an afternoon session also that covers the new phenomenon of DSLR cinematography (Yes, I WANT and NEED the new Canon 7d, swoon)

Buuuuut, father duties take precedence and am unable to attend both.

There is also a Masterclass on the Sunday, which I'd love to go to, but alas its far too expensive.
Still worth it though, 12 places only, you bring your kit and get hands on tuition. Amazing.

I'll let you know how I get on.

2 comments:

  1. Ian,

    I saw that poster in Gunn's. I am giving a similar seminar soo, the contents of which I can summarise in quite succinctly.

    "Q. How To Create That Film Look"
    "A. Just use film, you daft bugger!"

    Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could edit that comment I would fix the typos ... oh well.

    ReplyDelete

It seems people are having trouble leaving comments, so I've changed the settings so you don't have to register to do so. To protect us from spam you will have to enter a text code though...